- 2 Dividend Raises
- 3 sources of passive Income
- $1,201.92 from dividends
- 29 stocks/units dripped in April
Sorry for the lack of posts. Time is seriously just flying by. It really is hard to believe we are already in May. Here in Ontario the weather doesn’t feel like May that’s for sure but last weekend was a buddy’s 40th and he heated his pool for the big day. Of course I took advantage of lots of drinks and a late night swim. So no complaints, swimming early this year!
- Easter was great this year. We had our neighbourhood Easter egg festivities, hung out with my family on the Saturday and on Sunday had the wife’s whole family over. Probably 60 people? Nothing makes me happier than seeing everyone together at once again.
- We have been watching the leafs and Jays on a buddy’s patio and enjoying those coors lights. Its safe to say I’ve had my fair share already this spring.
- How about those leafs? What a great first game. All the special teams came out to play and Campbell got that shutout. We see Matthews and Marner both had a great game, so maybe the playoff critics can relax. The lightning are a great team though, so I expect them to come out strong for game 2. (arg they did, too many leaf penalty’s)
- I’ve been working 6 days a week and on days off have taken on some side jobs, or worked on my gardens.
- Went to a buddy’s dads place for trout opener. He lives in a conservation area and the trout run right through his backyard. Caught 4 trout that day, very nice!
Lets get to the passive income though right? This month we can see that heloc putting in some real work. Compounding engaged!
Alright, Let’s Get To Our April 2022 Passive Income
2 Raises this month.
- JNJ through down a solid 6.6% dividend raise which added 18.76 to our forward income
- PG bumped theirs 5%. Not bad, we got spoiled with that 10% raise last year. Added income – $4.15
Total Added Income from Dividend Raises in 2022 – $144.04
Pg is one of my smallest positions still, Id love to grow this position but just cant seem to add to them at current prices. I may just nibble if they go under 150.
April 2022 Dividend Income
13 Companies paid us this month.
|Stocks||April 2021 Income||April 2022 Income|
|Transcontinental||27.23 (1 Drip)||sold|
|Smart Centers||26.05||33.92 (1 Drip)|
|Cisco||51.06||52.44 (1 Drip)|
|Rit Etf||64.53 (3 Drips)||66.96 (3 drips)|
|Restaurant Brands||73.98||75.17 (1 Drip)|
|Telus||79.98 (3 Drips)||87.74 (2 drips)|
|BNS||91.80 (1 Drip)||106.00 (1 Drip)|
|Aecon Construction||111.93 (6 Drips)|
|TD Bank||101.91 (1 Drip)||145.07 (1 Drip)|
|Bell Canada||79.63 (1 Drip)||149.96 (2 Drips)|
|Tc Energy||114.84 (1 Drip)||153.90 (2 drips)|
|Algonquin Power||66.08 (3 Drips)||175.63 (9 Drips)|
29 stocks Dripped in April
$382.09 more than last year, or a 46.6% increase. Very nice! These are definitely our heavy months these days. 6 Companies paying over 100 bucks quarterly in these months now. Love it. Also lots of drips, think I love that more =)
If your interested check out our Previous Dividend Income Reports.
Our Drips (Dividend Reinvestment Program) added $44.87 to our yearly forward dividend’s this month. BAM! That’s definitely our highest ever drip. =)
Private Investment Payment – $1000.00
In March we added an additional 50k to our family’s private investment. We now will bring in 1k a month from this. =) Straight to the heloc.
Solar Panel Income
In March (We always get paid a month later) our solar panel system generated 269 kWh. Since we bring in a fixed rate of 28.8 cents per kilowatt hour, Hydro One deposited $189.79 into our chequing account this month.
Last March the system generated $302.40 but the year before it brought in 200 bucks. Glad I have these records, I was shocked to see such a difference. That’s the weather these days. Like I said earlier it doesn’t feel like May at the moment….
Total Income for 2022 – $336.71
System Installed January 2018
Total System Cost ——–$32,396.46
Total Income Received ——–$10,213.24
Amount to Break even —- $-22,183.22
Total April 2022 Passive Income – $2,391.71
April 2021 Passive Income – $1,622.33
A monster growth rate, especially considering how well solar did last year. This is the first month we see the power of our heloc helping speed the compounding of the portfolio. Its not for everyone and with rising interest rates I have been a little slower deploying it. Who knows what the market will do, slowly Ill stick to the plan and deploy it.
Totals For 2022
Dividends Year To Date Total – $3,568.85
Other Passive Income Year to date – $3,532.18
Total Passive Income for 2022 —– $7,101.03
Year End Goal – $25,000
Last month was another busy month for purchases.
A company I have always wanted in the portfolio. Its in the cyclical sector which we didn’t have much exposure to. (which is a nice bonus) High dividend growth and was near 52 week lows.
We added 10 shares at $299.91 per share. This added $76.00
We added to our td bank position by buying an additional 30 shares @ $99.59 per share
This adds $82.50
We basically doubled our manulife position @26.97 by adding 188 shares.
This adds $248.16
I added 5 more shares of microsoft at 283.63
This added $12.40
We started a new position in them. Got 10 shares @ 166.54
All in all we added $465.06 to our forward dividend income last month. We also grew 2 of our lowest sectors, (tech & cyclical) which I always like to do. Unfortunately the financial stock purchases are now underwater, but that’s also a good thing looking at those starting yields. We may add to our existing bns and national bank positions at these current prices.
Financial Goals Update
Increase Dividends by $4285.81 this year. (bringing our forward income from dividends to $13,000 a year)
The goal for 2022 is to have a forward passive income of $27,500 thousand by the end of the year. I plan on doing this by refinancing our house and taking advantage of these low interest rates. I want to max out some accounts and let compounding do their magic. Its a big goal and will almost double our current passive income.
- With New Purchases, Drips, and Dividend Raises we continued to grow the size of our dividend Portfolio. Total increased so far in 2022 is $2,107.85
Etf Monthly Minimum Purchase of $250
- This month we added 10 more units of xaw etf.
- Questrade* is great because it offers free etf trades and cheaper stock trading options than most Canadian brokers. $250.00 a month would kill us if we needed to pay high trading fees.
- * Note the questrade link is a affiliate link and at no additional cost to you, I would get a little payment if you were to sign up. You could get $50 in free trades by using my affiliate link though.
April 2022 Passive Income Conclusion
This may have been the best report I’ve wrote up since the blog started. You read it everywhere but I’ll say it again. Compounding really adds up. I’m a huge fan of drips but seeing almost 50 bucks in forward income now is amazing to me. If those companies continue to pay their dividends and don’t even raise it, our dividend income will be almost 200 dollars higher April next year.
I hope you all had a wonderful April as well, hanging with family and friends, eating chocolate eggs and collecting those dividends.
Wish you nothing but the best, cheers
The compound effect is the principle of reaping huge rewards from a series of small, smart choices . – Darren Hardy
Hey I’m Rob, creator of Passive Canadian Income.
In 2011 me and my wife had almost $60,000 in debt and a negative $7,000 Net Worth. Through hard work and financial education we paid all that off. Now we are focusing on increasing our Passive Income Streams to make the money work for us. Feel Free to Follow along the Journey by clicking the Social Media links below or subscribing to get notified of new posts on the sidebar.